- An all-night Republican Filbuster to “Give War a Chance”
- Bush’s adamant opposition to giving poor children health care
- Media fawning over lazy empty-suit Senator but “manly” actor Fred Thompson
- A Constitutional Crisis caused by Bush’s refusal to allow Administration officials to testify before Congress
- A Right-Wing Hypocritical Judicial Activist Court
All in all, a typical week in Washington…
Should state and local governments raise money by heavily taxing speeders with fees, in addition to fines? Mark, who concedes he is a traffic scofflaw (“they’re the only laws I break!), opposes the idea.
Introducing guest, George Burke, Chair of the 11th Congressional District Democratic Committee in Virginia, who tomorrow will begin an “Inside Scoop – Virginia” television show spinning off of Mark’s show on Channel 10.
In Virginia, you can get a $3550 speeding ticket for going 15 MPH over the speed limit. And these laws are not just in Virginia: they exist across the nation.
Mark takes on the newest discovery of the Attorney General lying to Congress (this time about the PATRIOT Act) and the hypocrisy of “abstinence only, no marriage for gay people” Senator David Vitter’s trysts with prostitutes (Republican family values!);
Then Mark interviews Presidential Candidate Mike Gravel;
Vice-Chairman of the Democratic Party Susie Turnbull on our crazy primary system;
and former Maryland Gubernatorial candidate Kathleen Kennedy Townsend on why she thinks it’s wrong to hate politics.
Mark interviews: David Corn, Washington Editor of the Nation Magazine and co-author of Hubris: The Inside Story of Spin, Scandal, and the Selling of the Iraq War;
Larry Korb of the Center for American Progress, an Assistant Secretary of Defense in the Reagan Administration;
and Medea Benjamin, co-founder of the feminist, anti-war group Code Pink.
Mark debates Republican strategist Mike Lane on the sources of radical Islamic fundamentalism and how we may diminish the propensity by some of them to commit brutal terrorist acts in Iraq, in England, In America, and around the world.
ALSO the up-coming Constitutional crisis as Congress prepares to hold the President in criminal contempt for his unprecedented refusal to obey legal subpoenas directed at his Administration’s illegal firings of United States prosecutors
- 7/23/2014Inside Scoop 3 pm ET
- 7/17/2014Russian-Armed Terrorists Shot Down Civilian Airliner in Ukraine [IS]
- 7/16/2014Can Hamas Terrorists be Stopped? [IS]
- 7/15/2014Australian Radio
- 7/11/2014Should Central American Children Find Refuge in America? [News Views]
- 7/10/2014Troubled Teens, War in Gaza, Child Refugees on US Border [ISLM]
- 7/2/2014Hobby Lobby; History of Mid-East Trouble
- 7/1/2014Hobby Lobby [Inside Scoop]
- 6/26/2014The Supreme Court and other Federal Cases [Inside Scoop]
- 6/24/2014My Campaign for Congress [Australian Radio]
- 6/19/2014My Run for Congress + Crisis in Iraq [Inside Scoop]
- 4/30/2014Australian Radio
- 4/27/20147 Million+ Now Have Coverage. But Billionaires Control Our Elections [News Channel 8]
- Older Archives