Guests: Democratic Delegate Shannon Sullivan and Republican Strategist Mike Lane
Also see Jon Stewart’s take on the last night of the RNC:
courtesy of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Republicans in right-wing Colorado Springs claim that Democrats left behind unused flags at Mile High Stadium in Denver after Obama’s speech and that they, the Republicans, saved the flags. The story surprised me, because I personally searched the stadium for leftover flags – I wanted one as a souvenir – and it took me some time to find one. The very few flags that were left behind were not in great condition. I did find one small flag (which I brought home) but unfortunately no big flags. I kept looking until the stadium staff kindly asked me (and others) to leave so they could clean up.
I assumed the Republicans were just making up the flag story in a typical, mindless challenge to Democratic Patriotism (see footnote below). But now the truth has just been reported at the Denver Post and on CBS: some McCain operative STOLE the Democratic-Party-owned flags that the Obama campaign was planning to be distribute at future Obama rallies. If I were Obama, I would press charges to get that Republican operative in jail for theft! More on the silly flag story here.
About the only thing Biden didn’t mention is why McCain refuses to let Palin attend a press conference. He said she needs to study first. Hmmmm……
First Hour (the Leslie Marshall Show)
Second Hour (the Leslie Marshall Show)
Third Hour (the Leslie Marshall Show)
OK, OK, he’s a war hero. We knew that. So was Kerry.
But would McCain DO as President?
Anything that’s different from Bush?
Last night, he didn’t say.
A caller today just disputed that the United States Department of Energy said that offshore drilling would not affect oil prices unitl 2030. Here’s the proof: Access to the Pacific, Atlantic, and eastern Gulf regions would not have a significant impact on domestic crude oil and natural gas production or prices before 2030.
- 4/18/2015 All Things Hillary [Fox News at 1 pm]
- 4/17/2015 What Do You Want from your State Representative? [IS]
- 4/16/2015 Free the Children! [IS]
- 4/15/2015 Should Judges Be Elected? Should Children Be Allowed to Go Outside and Play? [ISLM]
- 4/14/2015 College for America’s Undocumented Immigrants? Absolutely! [IS]
- 4/13/2015 Here She Comes! Ready for Hillary [IS]
- 4/10/2015 Why is Liberalism so Weak in the Heartland? [IS]
- 4/9/2015 Live from North Dakota: Liberalism in the Heartland [IS]
- 4/8/2015 Another Murder of a Black Man by a Cop Captured on Camera [IS]
- 4/7/2015 Where Do Your Values Come From? [ISLM]