You don’t have to believe in conspiracy theories to know that Ralph Nader is the best hope that McCain has for winning the election
I don’t know whether this megalomaniac, funded almost entirely now by the Republican Party, actually supports George Bush or just likes to see his name in the press. I do know he’s the Republican Party’s greatest ally. Maybe he’s funded by COINTELPRO?
It’s one thing to believe in transferring wealth from the poor and middle class to the superrich, creating a theocracy in America, supporting the deaths of millions in an endless war against a country that never attacked us, destroying the environment, creating a massive debt giving our country away to China and Saudi Arabia, licking the boots of oil company CEOs, and taking away the civil rights of gay people and Black people and Latinos. If you do, then you’re a Conservative. I don’t like it, but at least you know what you stand for.
But to claim to be a “progressive” and then devote your entire life to pleasing Karl Rove and Dick Cheney is disgusting….truly disgusting.
I dislike George W. Bush’s policies. I loathe Ralph Nader.
Did John McCain have an inappropriate relationship with a 40-year-old lobbyist? Even if not romantic, is he in her pocket as a lobbyist?
And the Democrats. Two bad mistakes/slips of the tongue:
Hillary Clinton says Obama is not “ready” to be President….
Michelle Obama says for the first time in her adult life, she is really proud of her country….
George Bush often talks about promoting freedom around the world, but the mishmash of US policy promotes some dictatorships while attacking others. A look today at US policy in:
- Cuba, with the ending of Fidel Castro’s reign
- Pakistan, with the strong Pakistani vote against Musharraf
- Kosovo, with its declaration of independence
- Africa, where Bush is visiting this week, and
- Gaza, where Hamas is putting in Gaza in their worst misery ever while devoting the Strip’s entire meager resources into a useless, murderous war to kill as many Israeli civilians as possible
Here’s the article I reference on today’s show: Gazans Feeling Recoil of Attacks on Israel
As Armed Groups Continue Rocket Strikes, Palestinians Grow Weary; Farmer Fells an Orchard After Mother Is Killed. It was the Washington Post, not the New York Times, that printed the article. I regret the error.
History of Warrantless Surveillance
February 19, 2008
- How “Telecom Immunity” Covers Up Bush’s Lawless Police State
- How Congress Can Stop Him
Check the Comment Section for the eloquent speech by Senator Dodd attacking this travesty: Dodd: The Rule of Law Abandoned, “Dark Day” in the Senate
Also, read my diary on Daily Kos describing my extensive effort to get an answer from my Senator Webb on why he voted for this monstrosity.
For more information on today’s show, check out the Warrantless Eavesdropping Timeline on Wikipedia.
Mark on Michael Jackson and Leslie Marshall shows
- 7/29/2014Inside Scoop 3 pm ET
- 7/28/2014Inside Scoop 3 pm ET
- 7/25/2014Inside Scoop 3 pm ET
- 7/24/2014Inside Scoop 3 pm ET
- 7/23/2014Inside Scoop 3 pm ET
- 7/17/2014Russian-Armed Terrorists Shot Down Civilian Airliner in Ukraine [IS]
- 7/16/2014Can Hamas Terrorists be Stopped? [IS]
- 7/15/2014Australian Radio
- 7/11/2014Should Central American Children Find Refuge in America? [News Views]
- 7/10/2014Troubled Teens, War in Gaza, Child Refugees on US Border [ISLM]
- 7/2/2014Hobby Lobby; History of Mid-East Trouble
- 7/1/2014Hobby Lobby [Inside Scoop]
- 6/26/2014The Supreme Court and other Federal Cases [Inside Scoop]
- Older Archives