On four big decisions last week, the Supreme Court struck down four laws as unconstitutional by a 5-4 decision, with 8 judges consistently lined up on the “liberal” side and four on the “conservative” side.
When it came to millionaires, gun owners, and extremely wealthy corporations, Kennedy sided with the conservatives.
But when it came to prisoners seeking habeas corpus or death penalty relief, Kennedy sided with the liberals.
The next President will decide whether the Supreme Court will uphold the rule of law or abolish it in favor of the rich and powerful.
- The Justice Department’s inspector general exposes the Bush Administration’s plot to turn the criminal justice system into its own political fiefdom
- The Supreme Court decision on the death penalty for child rapists
- And why the McCain Campaign wants terrorists to attack the USA
Guest: Michelle Richardson, Legislative Consultant for the American Civil Liberties Union
PLUS the Bush contempt judge urges Congress to jail Harriet Miers (fancy that!), something I have urged a cowardly Congress to do for almost a year now!
Mark debates Republican Strategist Mike Lane on:
1) Off-shore Oil Drilling – the McCain Flip Flop
2) New Scientific Study on Gay/Straight Brain Differences
3) Public Financing – the Obama Flip Flop
4) The new Intelligence Surveillance Bill and the Supreme Court Decision on Habeas Corpus for Guantanamo Bay Detainees
And a word in praise of Tim Russert
- 2/28/2015GOP Battles to Shut Down Homeland Security [FOX News at 1:30 pm]
- 2/27/2015News Views 6 pm 89.3 FM
- 2/26/2015Inside Scoop 3 pm
- 2/25/2015Oops, I Said Too Much [FOX 5]
- 2/24/2015History of Middle East, Part 2 [Inside Scoop 3 pm]
- 2/18/2015History of Middle East [Inside Scoop 3 pm]
- 2/13/2015Equal Rights [NV]
- 2/13/2015Alabama, Foreign Policy, and GOP Hypocrisy [IS]
- 2/12/2015Boycott Staples! [IS]
- 2/11/2015Alabama Defies Federal Law (Again) [ISLM]
- 2/4/2015We Need to Arm Ukraine [IS]
- 1/31/20152016, Keystone, and Michelle Obama in Saudi Arabia [News Channel 8]
- 1/30/2015Uncle Toms [NV]
- Older Archives