Barack Obama on Race in America
Barack Obama’s Speech on Race in America
I predicted this uproar regarding Obama’s Pastor Wright and am very glad Obama’s putting some distance between him and his controversial pastor. I’ve always felt that Pastor Wright was Obama’s Achilles’ heel.
What is the source of Wright’s incendiary comments?
How are they bound up in the tradition of the Black Church?
Is it fair to characterize him as anti-White? Or just pro-Black?
I disagree and strongly condemn much of what Pastor Wright has said in those few snippets shown widely on Fox News.
But I do think I understand where he’s coming from.
And so does Barack Obama.
This may be the best speech on race in America in our generation. You owe it to yourself to listen closely, whatever your particular race or hue.
McCain doesn’t know Al Qaeda from Iran. No wonder he’s unclear about who attacked us on September 11, 2001.
Osama Bin Laden wants to punish us for our cartoons.
The Supreme Court does its best to lift the DC gun ban. Good thing they have security measures that other DC residents don’t have. Whatever happened to “strict constructionism”?
And Obama is wrong on the Michigan revote. C’mon Obama. I want you to win, but you gotta win fair.
Guest: Jay Lakinn, Co-Founder of PokerSourceOnline.com
Why do Republicans hate fun?
It’s not just sex…
It’s even low-stakes gambling on the Internet, by any industry that does not contribute to Republican candidates.
So poker is out. But if you like horse racing, you’re safe.
As the Kentucky Derby crowd contributes to Republicans, “placing bets on the horsies” is legal.
Does this make any sense?
Poor me. I used to play poker online. Now if I do, I’m a criminal.
Mark interviews media consolidation watchdog Josh Silver
and blogger Rob Kall of OpedNews.com.
At this large progressive get-together,
I challenge the controversial tactics of Code Pink‘s co-founder Jodie Evans;
interview Kathryn Kolbert, President of the People for the American Way;
get the latest scoop on Rev Sun Myung Moon’s Republican connections from investigative reporter and author John Gorenfeld;
and take on the No. 2 in the Democratic Party, Susie Turnbull about the mess created by the Democrats in Florida and Michigan.
- 8/22/2014Lessons From Ferguson [News Views 6 pm]
- 8/20/2014Vladimir Putin’s Neo-Fascism [IS]
- 8/19/2014The Ferguson Anarchists and the Militarized Police [IS]
- 8/15/2014Peace in Missouri [IS]
- 8/14/2014War in Missouri [Inside Scoop]
- 8/13/2014On the Border; Clinton-Obama Differences; Suicide [ISLM]
- 8/12/2014Why We Are in Iraq Again [Australian Radio]
- 8/11/2014Why We Are Bombing Iraq Again [IS]
- 8/8/2014Curfews are Unconstitutional [NV]
- 1/18/2014Caught Between Iran and Al Qaeda, the Syrian People are Dying. [Chinese TV]
- 8/5/2014Congressional Dysfunction and a New Cold War [IS]
- 8/4/2014The Do-Nothingest Congress Ever [IS]
- 8/3/2014The “Carbon Dividend” — An Innovative Way to Fight Climate Change [ISTV]
- Older Archives