Our eight-year reign of error, incompetence, and malice is over.
No tears shed today for Bush or wheelchair-bound Cheney.
Congratulations to President Obama.
Our hopes and dreams are on your shoulders.
But have we put too much weight on the shoulders of a strong, capable, sensitive, but ultimately imperfect human being?
Will the Obama Era, which begins today with such promise, lead to an inevitable let-down when we realize that he cannot be all things to all Americans?
I’m tempted to ignore my fears for the future today as I attend the Inauguration of President Obama. Ah, the powerful Audacity of Hope….
Guest: Phyllis Randall, Chair of Political Action for the NAACP Northern Virginia
Congress is finally shaping up. Things that were hard before are now suddenly easy:
Vote Today on Second Half of Financial Bail-Out (TARP)
Vote Soon on Stimulus Package
Senate Confirmation Hearings for Attorney General, Treasury Secretary, and Head of EPA
Good-bye to Biden and Clinton
Votes on SCHIP, stem cells, and DC statehood
Preparation for Inauguration
And other News of the Week…
With one week to go in the Bush Administration, Mark debates with Republican strategist Mike Lane the historical Legacy of President George W. Bush.
- 12/19/2013ObamaCare, NSA Spying, & Gun Violence [IS]
- 12/15/2013Newtown Anniversary [RC]
- 12/12/2013Can you Squelch a Paranoid Rumor on the Internet? [IS]
- 12/11/2013Defense Authorization Maintains Guantanamo [RT]
- 12/10/2013Mandela and the Republican Party [Australian Radio]
- 12/9/2013Income Inequality [ISTV]
- 12/6/2013Mandela [NV]
- 12/5/2013Want to Spy on Us? Get a Warrant! [IS]
- 12/2/2013Saudi Arabia, Iran, and the USA [RT]
- 11/27/2013Defending ObamaCare and Obama [CNBC]
- 11/26/2013Thanksgiving [Australian Radio]
- 11/25/2013Debating a Conservative [ISTV]
- 11/24/2013The End of the Filibuster and the Iran Deal [RC]
- Older Archives